Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Learning German!

So Andre and I started our German lessons last night. I'd say at this point, we now know just enough to be dangerous. In two hours, we learned to introduce ourselves and the alphabet. Our teacher made us spell various words on the whiteboard while pronouncing the letters outloud in German. I requested (in German) that Andre spell my entire company name: PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited Liability Partnership. Bwuhahahahahaha!

Our lessons are taught by Doris, a lovely lady from Stuttgart, Germany. I won't speak for Andre but I can see myself getting very frustrated as we move forward since virtually no English is spoken during the sessions. Doris thinks Andre will have an easier time learning the language since he is already bilingual. Of course, being the overachieving student that I am, I won't let that happen. It's possible I even raised my hand once or twice last night like so:


















Poor Doris....

No comments:

Post a Comment