Monday, December 12, 2011

Random Thoughts

I seem to be finding a lot funny today but that may be because I woke up at 4am....

#1 - I had to apply for an EIN (employer identification number) today b/c apparently I'm not allowed to use my social security number for identification purposes when moving internationally. While I appreciate the attempts at protecting my privacy, I'm more annoyed that I now have yet another number to keep track of......

#2 - I registered with PwC for tax assistance today. Here's my welcome note: "Welcome to MyTaxes.PwC.com. We know that many people find taxes stressful, and that this process is more complicated when living in a new country. Your employer (or your spouse’s employer) has arranged to have PwC help you with the preparation of your tax returns." Here's the question: should I be nice or totally put these people through their paces when they prepare our return???

#3 - We picked up our visas last week! Hooray! Next stop....book flights! I have to use a company so who knows how long that will take.....

#4 - Realized this weekend that we're planning to move in two weeks - almost fainted cold when "two weeks" processed through my head - YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment