Sunday, September 2, 2012

Catching Up #3 - Weltklasse and Wiener Schnitzel!

Who knew Zurich was a top spot for track & field events?!  Apparently, Zurich is one of 14 of the best invitational track and field meetings in the world and is part of the Samsung Diamond League.

As luck would have it, we had a team outing and I got to go this year!  A bunch of the big names from the Olympics were there:  Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, David Rudisha, Sonya Richards-Ross, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, etc.

The weather was crap but the Letzigrund has an overhang so we stayed nice and dry.

Pics from the event:
Tyson Gay

Usain & Kuhli
It cracks me up that the Swiss mascot is a cow.

I saw lots of US flags there!

Jesse Williams doing a little high jump. 

Usain won!

I think this is the men's 100m relay.  The US won!

They handed out little flashlights when we entered.
At the end, they cut the lights and everyone turned on the flashlights.

And of course, the best part of the week - I found a restaurant that serves gluten free food!  I had my first weiner schnitzel finally.  It was delicious!

Yum!

That's it from us this weekend.  Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment